Raw Power Food Granola
This raw power food granola is so yummy in a variety of ways. Make it into a parfait, eat it as a cereal or just take it in a little glass jar on the go! It’s rich in antioxidants, healthy fats and proteins which makes it an excellent energy food. If choosing to add cinnamon to the granola, it will help to further assist blood sugar stability.
Although I say this recipe is “raw” I would like to note that rolled oats are steamed prior to being rolled into flat flakes. Rolled oats are not a pure raw state, but they are the most “raw” form of oats. Everything else in this recipe, however, is raw.
Raw Power Food Granola Recipe
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/8 cup raw almond butter
- 1/8 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp raw coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder or cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/8 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup raw coconut flake
- In a large bowl mix to combine the almond butter, agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla bean or cinnamon powder.
- Add in the oats and thoroughly coat them with the mixture (I find this easiest to do with my hands). Once combined, sprinkle the chia seeds on top and gently mix the granola to incorporate.
- When this is finished, place the granola in a dehydrator on low over night. If you do not have a dehydrator you can line a 10.5 x 15.5 cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make sure to evenly distribute the granola so you get the best possible results while drying.
- The following day place the granola back into a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients, mix thoroughly.
* I like to put my granola in air tight, glass containers to preserve the freshness.
* Make it your own by playing around with the ingredients you add to the dried granola!