Pico de Gallo
Authentic Mexican food is probably one of my favourite things ever. It’s always so fresh, so flavourful and SO delicious. I find Richard and I going to our favourite Mexican restaurant at least once a week. We even brave the cold in the dead of winter, just so we can share some pico de gallo and I can savour the rajas quesadillas on their freshly pressed corn tortillas made in house. Thankfully, pico de gallo is a pretty simple recipe and easy to make at home. Pair it with some blue corn tortilla chips or some multigrain tortilla chips and you’re set!
Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 small jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- feta cheese to top (optional)
- After dicing and chopping all of the ingredients place everything into a large bowl, if you are wanting to add a little bit of salt do so now.
- Use a large spoon to mix and thoroughly incorporate everything.
- Top with feta cheese.
* For some people it may be a good idea to place the jalapeño’s in a separate bowl and sprinkle them on top so you can adjust the spiciness if necessary.