Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary Aioli
I love the way sweet potato and rosemary blend together, their flavours complement each other so harmoniously. They’re also both extremely rich in antioxidants. Sweet potatoes are considered a “power food” due to their many therapeutic properties.
I don’t usually go for french fries, but when I do I always make sure to make a batch at home. They’re way healthier than the preservative packed bags you buy at the grocery stores or the ones fried in rancid oils at restaurants. With it being so easy to make, why wouldn’t you? These baked sweet potato fries turn out so crisp and delicious you have to give them a try.
Oven Bake Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Thoroughly rinse and scrub the sweet potato.
- Depending on the shape of the potato I usually cut it in half widthwise and work my way out from there. Cut off both ends of the potato then try your best to cut the fries as evenly as possible. I like to try for about 1/3 inch x 1/2 inch thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- While the oven is heating place the cut fries into a large bowl, drizzle the olive oil on top and use your hands to thoroughly coat all of the fries with the oil.
- Place the fries on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the sea salt on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Rosemary Aioli Recipe
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp rosemary (to taste, I prefer the ladder)
- Thoroughly incorporate all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge to let the flavours infuse while the fries are baking.