Echinacea and Immune Support
It’s cold and flu season again. How are you going to protect yourself? There are a number of good quality, organic supplements on the market to help boost immunity but my go-to is always echinacea. It is available in a variety of forms such as teas, tinctures, herbal honeys, syrups, infused oils and more. Echinacea is good for more than just your immune system. It also works well for skin problems along with cleansing an detoxification. Some actually call echinacea “the king of blood purifiers”.
The best part about using herbs is that you can harvest them yourself and make your own concoctions at home. Make sure to use sustainable harvesting practices to ensure the plants continue to propagate into the future.
IMMUNE SUPPORTIVE BENEFITS OF ECHINACEA
- antiviral and antibacterial
- increases cell production and activity
- stimulates the lymphatic system to clear waste
- cold and flu prevention along with other infections of the respiratory tract
- helps fight off mild infections such as poison oak, poison ivy, prostatitis and vaginitis
* Please be advised that echinacea is an immune booster. That being said, great care must be taken in cases of autoimmune disorders. Consult with a natural health care practitioner such as myself or your MD if you have an autoimmune condition or are taking any medication pertaining to autoimmunity.
* Do not exceed use of supplementation for more than 3-4 weeks at a time.