Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Soup
The cold winter weather always has me craving something warm. I love coming home after a long day at work and cozying up to a nice home made bowl of soup. The warming effect it brings is so soothing for the body, mind and soul. One of my personal favourites would have to be this creamy mushroom zucchini soup.
Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Soup Recipe
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise then chopped
- 1/2 lbs mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Chop and mince all of the vegetables as stated above.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions and let sweat, stirring every so often. If you are adding salt and pepper do so now.
- Mix in the mushrooms and let cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
* You can also try substituting 1 cup vegetable broth for bone broth!