Creamy Cashew Garlic Sauce
I always like switching things up in the kitchen. Getting a mixture of fruits, vegetables and other ingredients always ensures you’re getting a healthy variety of nutrients. This creamy cashew garlic sauce recipe is a wonderful alternative for alfredo sauce. Its vegan, paleo, gluten free and contains healthy fats and essential amino acids. This sauce is also great in potato salads, whole grain pasta salads, casserole dishes or just as a topping on baked vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
Creamy Cashew Garlic Recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 12 hours)
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a small pan, allow coconut oil to melt over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and shallots and sauté for about 5-7 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse off soaked cashews and add to a blender.
- Once the garlic and shallots are cooked add them, along with the vegetable broth and nutritional yeast (if using) to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
* Try mixing with some whole grain noodles, topping with cheese and throwing it in the oven for a baked mac and cheese!